Wednesday, September 14, 2011

farewell to the old Horne station


the past two weeks were spent in horne, northern Denmark. the old Horne station, home to two great and talented ceramic artist. My timing in finding this place couldn't have been better, enclosing around the time of an international ceramics conference (http://creabiz.dk/) which at the time of planning this trip I didn't think to much about it, until it began.I met so many talented artists from around the world in this home (france, Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Egypt, England and a few from the U.S.) it's not everyday you get to walk into a kitchen to grab some coffee and start up a conversation about ceramic performance art with someone from France or play UNO with artists from Cairo. truly an environment i will never forget, I was so busy helping out in the home and studio and sprucing up their outdoor kilns and talking to people and making apple and plum tarts for what seemed like the masses, I slacked in taking any photos. it was proposed that I return next year not only to help out (a.k.a make more tarts) but actually be a part of the conference as part of a young American artist panel, which is something that is not my style but I would do it for the sake of what I had experienced over the past two weeks. the two cups above were given to me, the smaller pinkish one is from one of my hosts and the other is from an American out of Minnesota. the plus side of being in ceramics is that you never have to buy dishes.